Sydney antique stores



Doug upon Bourke

 


Sydney antique centre

Sally Beresford antiques and Parterre

I realized I hadn't reported on one of the most interestig parts of our holiday - browsing antique/vintage

We always visit antique stores where ever we see them, also on holidays.

I found several great antiques/vintage stores in Sydney. I noted in Australian Inside Out magazine some interesting itmes from David met Nicole in Surry Hills and Doug upon Bourke in Redfern and wrote their addresses down. Loved especially Doug upon Bourke, where we spent two hours. Doug is the camel in the photo... Unfortunately he is not for sale.

Charlotta from Space for Inspiration directed me to Woollahra, where I browsed in Sally Berespord antiques and Parterre.

We also spent a long time in Sydney antique center, it was puring that afternoon. After taking a good lookaat every booth we sat down for hot cocoa in their nice cafe waiting for the rain to stop.

Olin unohtanut raportoida yhdestä kiinnostavimmista asioista makallamme; antiikkikaupoista. Antiikki/vintageliikkeissä koluaminen on mielipuuhaamme myös lomamatkoilla, vaikekmme mitään ostaisikaan (ja usein jotain pientä tarttuu mukaan...).

Löysin useammankin mukavan antiikkiliikkeen  Sydneysta. Huomasin ennen matkaa australialaisessa Inside Out-lehdessä kiinnostavia esineitä David met Nicolesta ja Doug upon Bourkesta ja kirjoitin liikkeiden osoitteet ylös. Varsinkin valtavan kokoinen Doug upon Bourke oli todella mielenkiintoinen. Doug on muuten kuvan kameli, eikä se ole myytävänä...


Charlotta Space for Inspiration-blogista ohjasi minut Woollahraan, jossa kävin kadessa mielenkiintoisessa antiikkiliikkeessä; Sally Beresforilla ja Parterressa.

Vietimme myös pari tuntia Sydneyn antiikkikeskuksessa, sinä iltapäivänä satoi rankasti. Tutkailtuamme huolellisesti tarjonnan, istuimme antiikkikeskuksen kahvilaan kaakaota juomaan, selailemaan australialaisia sisustuslehtiä ja odottelemaan sateen taukoamista.

2 kommenttia :

  1. You make me want to move to Sydney although I already live here!! :)
    Your posts on your visit are so great and I love reading all about it.

    I also went to Laakso & Sundman (the blog) today and LOVE all of their designs!! How amazing. I can't wait to live in Sweden so that I can order some more. There are many pieces I like. And I am serious when I say that I actually do wear my 'charlotta badge' every day. I have teamed it with a wishing bone from 'Bjorg' and threaded them onto a nice round silver chain. Looks great!

    Kram
    x C

    VastaaPoista
  2. Sydney is amazing, enjoy it before moving back to Sweden.

    Mariia is very talented, love her designs. She is happy to send also to Sweden (or aywher in the world).

    VastaaPoista

Kommenttisi ilahduttaa kovasti. Your comment makes me happy.